Updated: September 9, 2020
Essex Dental Arts is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our patients and staff during this COVID-19 pandemic. Since we’ve reopened our doors on June 1st, we have been implementing the following protocols to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible. These reflect guidelines that are recommended by the CDC, OSHA, and the NJDA.
- Our office now has paperless forms for both new and existing patients. Patients can easily complete these forms on their smart phones, tablets, or computers, and they are digitally sent to our office directly.
- Patients must fill out a COVID-19 pre-screening form (sent via text or email) prior to their appointment.
- Patients must call us from their cars (or outside the building) to check in, in order to minimize the amount of people in our waiting room/reception area.
- Only the patient who has an appointment will be allowed in our building. However, if he/she is a minor, they can be accompanied by one guardian.
- We require that all who enter our building wear a mask. Patients will be asked to remove it when seated in the dental chair.
- All patients will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and will be given hand sanitizer before they enter the treatment rooms.
- A pre-procedural hydrogen peroxide rinse will be given to help minimize any bacteria or viruses that are in the mouth.
- We now have high-end air purification systems (HEPA and PECO) throughout the office to minimize harmful aerosols and keep our air clean. Both systems not only filter viruses, bacteria, and fungi, but they effectively kill them.
- Watch these videos for more information on these systems:
- Our hygienists now use new and efficient high speed intra-oral suction devices that minimize aerosols.
- We continue to observe elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols (as we have done so prior to the pandemic) that meet CDC, OSHA, and ADA guidelines. This applies to the proper cleaning and sterilization of our dental chairs, equipment, and dental instruments, as well as all high-touch surface areas throughout the office.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope that you and your families continue to remain safe and healthy!
Dr. Greco, Dr. Kim and the team at Essex Dental Arts